This has been going around on Facebook. I'm not the original author of this list.
Some Wise Advice Circulating:
- Don't use his name;
- Remember this is a regime and he's not acting alone;
- Do not argue with those who support him--it doesn't work;
- Focus on his policies, not his orangeness and mental state;
- Keep your message positive; they want the country to be angry and fearful because this is the soil from which their darkest policies will grow;
- Be careful with helpless/hopeless talk*;
- Support artists and the arts;
- Be careful not to spread fake news. Check it;
- Take care of yourselves; and
- Keep demonstrations peaceful. In the words of John Lennon,
"When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight! Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor."
- When you post or talk about him, don't assign his actions to him, assign them to "The Republican Administration," or "The Republicans." This will have several effects:
- The Republican legislators will either have to take responsibility for their association with him
- or stand up for what some of them don't like.
- He will not get the focus of attention he craves.
- Republican representatives will become very concerned about their re-elections.
*I changed this from "no more helpless/hopeless talk" because that's not possible. We're going to get tired. Let people know when you feel helpless or hopeless and let them help you. Take care of yourself. Take care of your fellow rebels.